This Association is an affiliated body of the Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec www.baptist.ca, and so affiliated with Canadian Baptist ministries and the Baptist World Alliance.
The Quebec Association of Baptist Churches, known then as the Eastern Association, was established in 1887, coincident with broader organizational changes which culminated in establishment of the Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec in 1889, by Act of Parliament. The associations, of which there are now 17, are an integral part of the overall structure of the Convention: - churches ® associations ® Convention.
The associations are regional networks of churches that work together for ministry, fellowship and mission, attending to programs and issues that are specific to their particular region.
An Association Boundaries Committee, established in 1963, proposed that churches located in Quebec , which at the time were members of the Ottawa Association (the Brownsburg, Grenville and West Chatham field, and the Thurso, Avoca and Rivington field) be added to the membership of the Eastern Association.
In 1965-66 the association was renamed the Quebec Association of Baptist Churches. The Brownsburg Church was received into membership in 1974, and Avoca-Rivington in 1978. In 1989 The Baptist Church Extension Board of the Province of Quebec, Inc. was made a standing committee of the Quebec Association, with its Board of Directors being comprised of the officers of the Association. Its purpose is to act on behalf of, and in support of, the Baptists in this Province with a view to extending the Baptist cause in Quebec . It was incorporated in 1930 and acts as trustee for the handling of funds and property necessary to carry out its purpose.